Saturday, November 19, 2011

Help me with a title please?

I walk into the bedroom and smile. There she is, my beautiful wife and our two kids. Their black, straight hair is spread over the pillows their heads are resting on, their eyes closed. Today we had a pool party, which tired them out.


My wife, Kaya (KAY ah), is a Japanese beauty. She is a little shorter than I am and has long, black hair. Her eyes are grass green. they can light up a whole room. I simply adore the form of her eyes, it looks so feminine. She is thin and very beautiful. We鈥檝e been married for over 8 years and we have two kids: a daughter, Aika (eye KAH) and a son, Kane. Aika means beloved while Kane means two right hands or a spear. Not very cool, I know but we wanted names that were Japanese and still pronounceable for Americans. That was a real challenge.


Aika is seven and her brother is five.


Kaya carried our two children. Her name means resting place. It doesn鈥檛 mean 鈥榞rave鈥?but really a place where you can rest. Her name is chosen right because for me, she is a resting place.


Our best friends are Alice, Dana and Shane. Alice and Dana are an unmarried couple with one son, Keith who is 6.


Shane is a free bird. She is a true Casanova and ***** every girl that she can鈥?which is 99% of the girls she meets. I do believe she can love someone but just doesn鈥檛 allow herself to; she is too scared to get hurt.


Oh, yeah, I鈥檓 Tina Kennard. I work at Alpha Ville and I love my job. Next to my family, it鈥檚 the most important thing in my life. Film is my passion. I love to see how it develops, the whole process. I think a film is always much better than the written version. Yes, you can read the thoughts of the characters in a book but a movie really lets you see what鈥檚 going on.


I am happy. I mean, I am as happy as I can be. I have a wife that loves me and cares for me. I have two beautiful children and I have friends that would do anything for me. I live in a nice house. I have a good job and I have nothing to complain about really. But I lost her. I lost the one woman I鈥檒l always love the most. The love of my life.


Elizabeth Georgia Porter. Bette Porter. We had seven gorgeous years together and then鈥?she disappeared. I woke up one morning and she was gone. We had made love the whole night and then we had fallen asleep in each other鈥檚 arms. The only thing I found was a note on her pillow and with that, she was gone.


Dear Tina,


I鈥檓 sorry for leaving. I can鈥檛 explain why right now but just know that my departure is not your fault. I did this to protect you, to keep you safe. Being with me is dangerous for you at the moment and I love you too much to be selfish and stay with you. All I ever wanted was to spend my life by your side but I don鈥檛 think it will be possible. Please, Tee, try to move on. Just never forget me鈥?Keep me in mind and I鈥檒l always be with you, every step of the way. Be happy without me, live your life and know that you will always be the one for me. You will always be on my mind.


Yours forever,


Bette.


I still have her note, I even took copies for if I ever lost it, I can still read it. I don鈥檛 know why she left鈥?at all. The only thing I know that she didn鈥檛 return. I waited for two years. My life was a living hell. The only thing I could do was cry and work. That was all I did鈥?I ached for Bette but she was gone.


Then I met Kaya. She worked as cleaning lady at Alpha Ville. She was sweet and didn鈥檛 push me into anything. Still, one night, I told her everything. I don鈥檛 know why I told her鈥?Actually, I do know why I told her. She was the only one who really talked to me. She didn鈥檛 just ask about work, no, she asked me how I was. Why I had been crying. When I said I didn鈥檛 want to talk about it, she backed off immediately but every time we saw each other, she asked me and after a while, I just poured everything out. She was stunned and a little shocked. What could have been the reason for Bette鈥檚 departure?


After that night of crying on my side and comforting on Kaya鈥檚 side, we became inseparable. The first 5 months we were friends, we would go out or eat dinner together鈥?always because Kaya practically dragged me out of the house telling me Bette wouldn鈥檛 want me to be alone all the time. We spend time together and then, one night, we kissed. It was a nice, soft, short kiss. Everything a first kiss should be. I didn鈥檛 feel that glorious burning sensation in my stomach whenever I kissed Bette but I felt a feeling of鈥?comfort I guess.


That鈥檚 what Kaya has always been for me: comfort. I love her, don鈥檛 get me wrong. I love her deeply but I will always love Bette more. I know Bee had flaws but gosh, she was so ******* perfect.|||I think you could probably come up with a better title, to be honest. But I think you need to focus on editing and finishing the story before you start choosing the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment